OH Fibre Engineer
£32000 – £39000 + Van/Fuel Card + Lodge/Hotel Allowance
We’re working with a well-established Tier 1 Contractor with a great reputation in the Telecoms industry and long-term contracts with multiple ISPs across the UK. As a leading Tier 1 they take responsibility for civils and fibre engineering responsibilities on Fibre builds providing their customers with a quality and reliable service.
We are currently looking for an Overhead/Aerial Fibre Engineer to join the team, this role is based around the Huddersfield area and would require you to have a full UK driving licence.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Splicing & testing up to 96 but mainly 36, mainly OH/aerial
- End to end testing of fibre networks (OTDR)
- Fire stopping (provision/removal)
- Drilling experience internally and externally (Diamond, percussion & Core)
- Installation of CBT (central block terminals) on telephone poles, dressing the pole and introducing cables into the underground network.
- Experience and qualifications in installing “blown fibre” networks.
- Experience in installing “blown fibre” tubing (Underground and overhead)
- 18 Months Experience within Fibre/Telecoms
- Will ideally hold relevant PIA accreditations
What’s on offer?
- Van, fuel card,
- Overnight allowance if working away from home.
- Hours – 8-5/5.30
- Overtime available
- Exceptional progression opportunities
- Working for an established Tier 1 Contractor
If you are interested in hearing a bit more about this then please apply to this advert or contact us directly.
If you are not interested at this time but may know somebody who could be, we do offer referral payments so please get in touch.