Main Duties & Responsibilities
• To promote a proactive SHEQ culture throughout the Company.
• Provide advice and support to employees, contractors and suppliers on all aspects of project/office related SHEQ risk and opportunity.
• To liaise with all appropriate external bodies, including the HSE, EA and all consultant bodies acting on the Company’s behalf regarding SHEQ matters when necessary.
• To liaise with all clients and partners regarding SHEQ matters when necessary.
• Develop and maintain SHEQ policies and procedures that will become a part of the integrated management system for use throughout the company’s activities.
• Maintain and follow up on company quality control systems for the purpose of accomplishing the objectives set out in the Company’s Quality Policy Documents.
• Make site/project visits to conduct audits, inspections, training and if necessary, investigations.
• Ensure that all incidents are reported accurately and investigate and implement appropriate action(s) where necessary for incidents, behavioural observations and near miss reports, and develop written management reports when required.
• Ensure the SHEQ Dashboard is kept up to date.
• Work in conjunction with the Procurement team to conduct contractor/supplier SHEQ reviews when necessary.
• Review and when necessary, develop risk assessments and method statements.
• Carry out SHEQ Audits in line with the audit plan.
• Implement and maintain the company’s integrated management system in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, 14001 and 18/45001.
• Conduct environmental aspect/impact assessment and advise on improvements required to existing work practices to meet legal obligations and conform to best practice.
• Develop SHEQ related training materials, including toolbox talks, for delivery to colleagues and contractors as required.
• Chair and lead when necessary SHEQ related meetings and ensure that minutes are accurately prepared and shared.
• Supporting the SHEQ Manager and Head of SHEQ and Assurance in achieving goals for the company, department and project sites.
• To comply with all Health and Safety responsibilities commensurate with the role, as outlined in the Health and Safety policy
• Any other duties commensurate with the position as may be assigned
Full UK driving licence
Flexibility and willingness to occasionally work away from home or travel internationally for short periods when required