Solar PV Installer
Solar PV Installer/Roofer
Location: Sites across Birmingham, London and Bristol with expenses paid
Our client are a leading consultant, designer, installer, and maintenance/servicer of renewable energy systems throughout the UK.
Our approach to our projects is comprehensive; starting with an initial consultation through to the design, installation, and maintenance of our systems all of which are completed by our inhouse engineers and technicians. This approach, coupled with the use of industry-leading products, ensures the customer experience before, during and after our installation is second-to-none, and the long-term efficiency of our installations is market-leading. Over 70% of our work comes directly from referrals; this alone speaks volumes about the quality of our approach and work.
The projects we deliver reduce customer carbon emissions by between 70-80% meaning you will play a critical role in helping homeowners, housebuilders and business owners taking action as the country moves towards NetZero.
Solar PV installations have been increasing each year since 2015, in 2021 MCS reported 61,320 installations in the UK. This is an increase of 71% from the previous year and Solar PV installations are expected to continue to increase each year. Along with the carbon benefits, the technology is incentivised and provides lower running costs than the fossil fuel alternative, legislation and building regulations will also be changing to support industry growth.
We are looking to recruit a Solar PV installer/roofer to join their growing team. The ideal candidate is someone with previous Solar PV installation experience or a candidate with transferable skills from the roofing, conservatory or building industry. The successful candidate must be comfortable working at heights and be able to carry and lift panels. A company van for company use is provided.
- Setting out and planning the PV panel layout on rooftop and ground mount installations.
- Panel laying and connecting to flat roof, in-roof and ground mounting systems.
- Running and connecting DC cables.
- Telehandler and loader driving to load and unload panels.
- Scaffold inspections and other levels of H&S responsibility.
- Before going to site, liaise with the project manager to plan what equipment, tools parts and programme/time information is needed for a project’s solar PV installation.
- Work on a mixture of projects, from larger domestic manor house properties to higher-end commercial jobs
- Liaise with other contractors and clients on our projects.
- Ensure the project manager and relevant people are kept up to date with the installation progress and issues.
- Know when to escalate issues on site to the Project Manager, Field Technical Director and/or Operations Director.
- Generous holiday allowance with the office being shut between Christmas and New Year.
- All statutory bank holiday’s off.
- Discretionary bonus system.
- Pension contribution.
- Onsite gym in Horley.
- Life Assurance Insurance.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Long service awards.
- Employee events.
- Market leader in renewable energy: one of the UK’s most experienced consultants, designers, suppliers, installers, and maintainers of renewable energy systems.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Driver’s license
- Works within the roofing, conservatory or building industry.
- Experience/qualifications at working at height.
- Desire to learn about renewable energy systems and get into the industry.
- Happy to work outside.
- Happy to work at heights
Desirable Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Solar PV roof mounting experience/qualification.
- Able to read and understand string designs and panel layout.
- CSCS Card.
- CITB SSSTS Qualification.
- Forklift Qualification.
- Experience in renewable, construction and gas industries.