Permit & Compliance Manager
PERMIT & COMPLIANCE MANAGER
If you have experience with Permitting & Compliance within the UK Fibre Market this is a great opportunity to join a very stable and still growing Tier 1 contractor with a great reputation and excellent pipeline of work. This is a company with a great culture and who puts people first, you will be supported with not only your role requirements but your personal development.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all projects requiring civils activity are completed in line with their permit conditions. Working to minimise the company’s exposure to all FPN and Defect charges, through proactive planning and controlled reactive response.
You will have full responsibility for managing the Permit application process, ensuring you are providing a high level of service to your internal clients by managing, and coordinating permit applications meeting the demands, ensuring that the timescales met are in accordance with the business’ KPI’s and SLAs, supporting their efficient and effective delivery, striving to continuously improve performance.
- Advise the permit team, enabling all team members to deliver as required for 100% permit compliance and first time right applications
- Ensure notices and permits are updated on Street manager and any other internal systems to ensure effective comms are maintained, minimising risk of overrun or similar FPN’s
- Ensure all permits are applied for in accordance with project delivery expectations
- Proactively identify any defects or overrun issues, ensuring they are communicated to the team and resolved in a timely manner
- Minimise overrun charges with proactive analysis of database, identifying incomplete works, liaising with relevant teams or contractors to actively manage and mitigate costs arising for unreasonable disruption of the highway; reduce exposure of penalties from the Highway Authority
- Maintain an accurate permit compliance audit system, providing up to date reporting as required
- Track all temporary reinstatements to ensure they are permanently reinstated within the agreed SLAs
- Support the Department Leaders with delivering best practice in all permit compliance areas of the business
- Drive the activity on Street Manager, ensuring the correct start and end notifications through the system to Local Authorities and using available data to provide best practice feedback to the respective departments
- Investigate and swiftly report to the Network Build teams any concerns or issues arising that are considered to be in contravention of NRSWA, the Highways Act, and any other relevant legislation
- To use specialist legislative knowledge to take a lead role in ensuring that NRSWA inspection regimes (sample and defects) are implemented effectively and in line with the Code of Practice for Inspections and the SROH
- To investigate and report on complaints received regarding works on the public highway, to resolve identified dangers and hazards and take appropriate action
- Undertake routine sample inspections to the standard of Council inspections. (NRSWA Category A, B & C) of works carried out by internal and external departments
- Create and provide a reporting structure to provide regular updates to the H&S Manager. Diligently flag any potential network build or delivery issues effectively and efficiently
- Schedule and attend site meetings where required ensuring preparedness to maintain an integral business reputation
Please note this role requires a full UK driving licence to be held at all times. The role will be a mix of office and field, a Company Car will be offered with the package.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity please apply to this advert or contact us directly.