Project Manager (Water Industry)
Our client, a leading water sector specialist, is looking to recruit a Project Manager on a permanent/salaried basis.
- To take a lead on the safe delivery of projects and contribute to the continuous improvement of the delivery team’s safety culture
- To proactively drive and manage project delivery, taking full responsibility and accountability for the performance of all aspects of the assigned project portfolio
- To performance manage staff, contractor and supplier teams engaged on the project to ensure efficiency targets set by the business are met in conjunction with satisfying all other project deliverables
- To liaise with customers, internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery and to maintain and enhance the reputation of the client
- To effectively and systematically identify, value, record and manage project level risk and change.
- To provide regular project reporting in line with corporate requirements including accurate financial forecasting.
- To develop, present and gain corporate approval for project or sub-programme business case, in line with the Company’s governance processes
- To be responsible for contractor performance as delegated by the Delivery Manager and to manage key supplier relationships through project delivery.
- You will have no direct reports but you will be responsible for the performance of the project team in conjunction with discipline leads. Project teams will typically be between 4-8 depending on type and volume of work.
- Experienced in the delivery of projects whilst taking account of environmental deadlines and working within an environment where external approvals and constraints apply
- Delivery focused with good team organisational skills and able to prioritise a number of conflicting priorities to achieve overall success
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and decision making in complex and pressurised situations
- Excellent report writing, presentation and oral communication skills and able to influence and negotiate at various levels
- Understanding of financial processes and able to demonstrate contract knowledge and acumen
- Understanding of the requirements to engage all stakeholders as appropriate and able to build relationships at various levels within the organisation and with key stakeholders.
- Good people management skills, with the ability to influence outcomes and staff who are not necessarily part of direct line management