Civils Design Engineer
CIVIL DESIGN ENGINEER
Our client, a leading water sector specialist, is looking to recruit as Civils Design Engineer on a permanent/salaried basis.
They have a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. Successfully delivering complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
They offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Thier in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
They have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
Due to increased workload, they are now looking to grow our Civil & Structural Engineering Design Team and they are recruiting for a Civil Design Engineer to join their in-house design studio. The Civil Design Engineer will produce original designs for structural or civil infrastructure, including design and detail of temporary works, working within a variety of industry sectors including water.
- Liaison with clients to understand their specific requirements
- Preparation of outline designs for tenders within short timescales
- Ownership of detail design
- Preparation of clear and well-structured design calculations and reports
- Provision of support and design proposals to site teams from pre-construction to construction phase
- Mentor Junior Engineers
- Proven ability to undertake civil structural design to current codes and standards
- Knowledge of safety legislation relating to CDM regulations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions that add value